Silver SprUng
In class we were discussing the re-branding of UB and I thought I would share something similar that is closer to home for me. I am not sure if you are familiar with Silver Spring but if you looked at the area 7 years ago or so you would have seen a pretty bleak downtown with little going on. The county council and other community members always talked about re-developing the area and bringing people together in a city center but until now the best idea they could come up with was a Mall of America like the one in Minneapolis.
When the Discovery Channel and the American Film Institute decided to move to Silver Spring things really started to change. Building were torn down and new ones were created. We now have a movie theatre with 20 screens, a Borders, and even bars and restaurants. It is pretty amazing what they have been able to do with the area and how they have changed the image and perception of Silver Spring.
The brand for this re-development is Silver SprUng which I think is pretty silly but it has sprung so the message is clear and on-target. The new Silver Spring is more than just a rebranding but is really a revitalization; and I am glad I got to see it before and now can enjoy it after.
When the Discovery Channel and the American Film Institute decided to move to Silver Spring things really started to change. Building were torn down and new ones were created. We now have a movie theatre with 20 screens, a Borders, and even bars and restaurants. It is pretty amazing what they have been able to do with the area and how they have changed the image and perception of Silver Spring.
The brand for this re-development is Silver SprUng which I think is pretty silly but it has sprung so the message is clear and on-target. The new Silver Spring is more than just a rebranding but is really a revitalization; and I am glad I got to see it before and now can enjoy it after.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home