Gus Update
During class on Saturday a few people asked how Gus was doing so I thought I would include an update here. I am sorry I didn't post anything earlier but I do appreciate all of your concern. I also have have loved reading your comments about your own pets.
Gus is doing pretty well at the moment. When I posted about him before my family and I really thought it was the end. But after talking to the vet and realizing he probably wasn't in pain we have tried to make his last bit of time as comfortable as possible. He now wears a bandage constructed from a maxi pad (very absorbent) and an ace bandage to keep it in place. At first he wasn't too keen on it but has since gotten used to it. His eating has decreased a lot but we discovered that old sickly cats really like baby food so that is what we treat him to each day. His favorite is the lamb.
He still seems happy and purrs all of the time so we know he still wants to be with us. I'll let you know if things change. Thanks again for thinking of him. He really is a great cat :)
Gus is doing pretty well at the moment. When I posted about him before my family and I really thought it was the end. But after talking to the vet and realizing he probably wasn't in pain we have tried to make his last bit of time as comfortable as possible. He now wears a bandage constructed from a maxi pad (very absorbent) and an ace bandage to keep it in place. At first he wasn't too keen on it but has since gotten used to it. His eating has decreased a lot but we discovered that old sickly cats really like baby food so that is what we treat him to each day. His favorite is the lamb.
He still seems happy and purrs all of the time so we know he still wants to be with us. I'll let you know if things change. Thanks again for thinking of him. He really is a great cat :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home