Gus Take 2
This week has been kind of crazy for me. Other than the 3 projects I was/am working on, I am very worried about my cat, Gus. He is 18 years old and has a large tumor that has finally broken the skin. Thankfully it took a long time to break through because he was kind of a fat cat and had a lot of extra skin :) He has been my cat since I was 6 and I have no memory of not having him in my life. We had to bandage him on Monday and now he has some trouble getting around because the bandage and the wound bother him. He also isn't eating as much which is going to catch up with him soon. The vet says that he probably isn't in much pain yet but that he may be soon. I don't mean to depress you but it does make me sad. I am really going to miss him so am trying to spend a lot of time with him. Tonight he'll probably sit on my lap while I work on the definition and cause and effect projects. So if you have pets, give them a little extra love. They really are great friends.

3 Comments:
At 11:43 AM,
Gynene said…
I know how you feel...I've had pets since I was a child and have never known life without them. My dog and three cats are sending Gus hugs.
At 12:16 PM,
caroserey said…
Thanks, Gynene. :)
At 12:58 PM,
Landloping Lady said…
We weren't allowed pets while I was growing up. But, I've had two cats of my own. I had Smokey for six years before he died. He moved out to the Eastern Shore with me from Nebraska, later to Baltimore. He died my first month living here. I still feel that it was my fault. I was so broke when I accepted the scholarship to go to school here that I couldn't afford to take care of him. He was very sick, but I still don't know what he died of.
I acquired Oliver while I was on the Eastern Shore. I only had him for about a year. He ran away after Smokey died. That was three years ago.
Anyway, the point is... sounds like your a great pet-mom, and it warms my heart that you're able to take care of Gus during his illness. I'd like to think that I'll be a good pet-mom again sometime soon.
Post a Comment
<< Home