Carolyn's Blog

Thoughts on Words and Images

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Show and Tell -- Blogs

I think this Show and Tell was one of my favorites because I really enjoy reading blogs and now have a bunch more to add to my daily routine. I also am very glad that we needed to create a blog for this class because I have liked posting my own stories and thoughts over the semester. I noticed that one of my classes next semester (I think Hypermedia) requires you to keep a blog so I am looking forward to continuing this blog and posting ideas for that class.

Blogs I like:
http://waiterrant.net/
http://elguapodc.blogspot.com/
http://www.overheardinnewyork.com/
http://www.thesuperficial.com/
http://simplylauren.blogspot.com/

I presented Waiter Rant in class. The reason I like this blog is because the stories he includes are well written and it is evident he has spent a lot of time creating each one before posting.

Another blog that interests me is:
http://www.jessicacutleronline.com/

I am not sure if you all are familiar with her story but she wrote the blog "The Washingtonienne" about her sex exploits with people on Capital Hill. Readers eventually figured out who she was and she lost her job on the Hill. She wrote a book with the same title and it is out in stores but one of the guys she wrote about is now sueing her for defamation of character because she disclosed details of their sexual relationship to the world. I don't read her current blog because the stories aren't as interesting but the blog that changed her life can be found here: http://washingtoniennearchive.blogspot.com/

1 Comments:

  • At 8:07 AM, Blogger Simply Lauren. said…

    thanks carolyn! i really appreciate. One more step on my way to being blogfamous!

    xoxoxoxox

     

Post a Comment

<< Home