Carolyn's Blog

Thoughts on Words and Images

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Invitations Are Out

Since I posted a while ago that I was making my own wedding invitations I thought I would show you the final version. I am pretty happy with them (especially the flowers). They definitely stressed me out and my semi-perfectionist tendancies caused the process to take a lot longer than it should have. Leah and I started in January when we met Geoffrey the greatest stationary man. But he was also pretty expensive and I already knew that I was going to just buy his paper without using his printing services. He showed me some of his other invitations and the possible embellishments that I could include. Probably the most inspirational piece was when he showed me the seating cards he made for a previous wedding at our venue. They had a little flower in the corner similar to the one I chose for the invitation cards. Even though he was great I still found all of the supplies for the invites online and for a lower price so I ended up doing that. I had to order samples to make sure the paper was what I wanted but that wasn't too expensive and didn't take too long to ship. The flowers are real and have been pressed and dried. They are my favorite part (I know I have said that a few times now). Hope you guys like the final product.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:02 PM, Blogger mariela said…

    Will you bring in a sample so we can all see the final outcome? They look beautiful! How wonderful that you created them yourself and how very personal for your guests....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home